Custom Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sour Cream Banana Nut Muffins

My little boy love love LOVES these muffins! They are delicious and so easy to make! He ate 4 for breakfast this morning! I also caught him sneaking more later that afternoon :)
This recipes comes from food.com
This is my favorite recipe I've found thus far, and it's super easy to tweak.


1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 chocolate chips (optional)


Directions:
Grease muffin tins (or 1 large loaf pan). Cream margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, then bananas, sour cream, nuts, and chocolate chips. Mix well. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes (1 hour if in a loaf pan).


Gluten Free Adaptation:
Sub out flour for a cup-for-cup gluten free mix or your own blend. I have used both the Krusteaz and Namaste brands (Sam's and Costco) and found that I used 1 cup in this recipe. They don't rise as much as normal muffins do, but they taste the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment